Cyberpunk 2077 Character Creation
Cyberpunk 2077 has a very cool character creation system. When you start the game you have to make a protagonist first. We recommend spending some time on the customization process because you will have to play with the character for the whole game. Fortunately, CD Projekt Red allows the player to tweak a lot of things.
Pay Attention: This guide isn't 100% accurate. It's based on the pieces of the information the developers showed us in their videos. We will update it once we have more details.
You start with selecting a Lifepath. You need to select a backstory. You will be asked to specify:
- Childhood Hero: Samurai Rockerboy Johnny Silverhand, Solo of Fortune Morgan Blackhand, Corporate God Saburo Arasaka.
- Key Life Event: Death of Sibling, Ran away from home, First big kill.
- Why night City? Unfinished business, Ex-lover in town, Something to prove.
We assume that these choices will affect some of the dialogs in the future and will unlock different possibilities later in the game.
After you finish with the background you will see the Body panel. You can select between a male or female models.
The next step is Appearance. Here you can customize your hair and face. You can select from many different presets or make your own face. You can even select the scars… The face customization isn’t too deep. You can’t change the width of the nose using a slider for example. You have to select from 10 different noses... Such a customization system will hardly allow you to create a face that entirely matches someone’s face.
You can change your Style, Clothes, Makeup, and Piercings. For example, you can place a tattoo on your body. The bad thing is that you don’t have absolute freedom. You can select only one of 10 different placements for the tattoo.
In general, appearance customization isn’t too deep. You have to select from pre-configured options and can’t make deep tweaks.
The final screen will ask you to configure your Attributes. There are 6 different stats available:
- Intelligence - This is a measure of your problem-solving ability, figuring out problems, noticing things, remembering information. Almost every character type will need high intelligence. Netrunners and Corportanes requiring the highest of all.
- Reflexes – Combined index, covering not only your basic dexterity but also how your level of physical coordination will affect feats of driving, piloting, fighting, and athletics. If you are planning to fight in melee combat a lot, this is your #1 stat to invest in.
- Cool – Measures how well the character stands up to stress, fear, pressure, physical pain, and torture. It also determines how tough your character appears to others. This stat is essential for Solos and Nomads.
You can lower some stats and boost others. Don’t rush and try to make a wise choice. Most likely, you will have to do some digging and finding out good builds for your selected playstyle.